1 going out or away or of the past; "an outgoing steamship"; "the outgoing president" [ant: incoming]
3 somewhat extroverted [syn: extrovertish]
- Being comfortable in social settings and interactions,
confident in dealing with people especially in meeting new people.
- Tom is very outgoing and enjoys meeting people; his brother, on the other hand, is painfully shy.
- Going out, on it's way out
- Is there any outgoing post?
- Being replaced in office (while still in office but after
election has determined will be replaced).
- The outgoing politician wasn't too disappointed he'd lost the election; he was tired of political infighting.
Being comfortable in social settings and interactions
- Finnish: seurallinen
Going out, on it's way out
- Finnish: lähtevä
Being replaced in office
- Finnish: eroava
accessible, affable, amenable, amiable, amicable, approachable, candid, communicative, congenial, conversable, cordial, demonstrative, departing, departure, easygoing, effluent, effused, effusive, egress, egression, emeritus, exit, exodus, expansive, extraction, extravasated, extroversive, extrovert, extroverted, familiar, former, forthcoming, frank, free, free-speaking, free-spoken, free-tongued, friendly, genial, going out, gossipy, informal, leaving, newsy, open, other-directed, outbound, outcome, outcoming, outflowing, outgo, outpouring, outspoken, outward-bound, past, retiring, self-revealing, self-revelatory, sociable, talkative, unconstrained, unhampered, unrepressed, unreserved, unrestrained, unrestricted, unreticent, unsecretive, unshrinking, unsilent, unsuppressed, warm, withdrawing